- My Account
- About 10k
We are often asked about the efficacy and efficiency of the Drupal content...
For our membership directory clients, or those who are trade associations, dues...
We are excited to support your nonprofit, member directory, green business, or progressive organization with Drupal, a powerful content management system for websites. Learn more about Drupal with the videos below and by going to Drupal's Wikipedia entry.
1) Website Planning: This is more of an "overview" document --- you have a great start on your prioritized functionality list. We also request a sample Site Map to show how you want the main navigation to display on the live site.
Note that there is always an option for you to reorganize and/or add new items, because Drupal has menu control
2) This is the checklist of information we go right through 10k Web Design Checklist
This is a full list of all the information needed to build the website.
GET A DOMAIN:
Nexcess.net: SH-300 to VPS packages for larger sites
The Design process includes a review of sites you like and why.
For design, we recommend you set a budget and stick with it.
Higher end: $450 per customized design
Middle end: ~$200 - $250 to download a theme
Free: Download a free theme
*(notice that sometimes there are two prices: a price to download and a buyout price, which removes that theme from circulation)
Consider the functionality you need and the levels of access to the site.
* For example, who can log in to the site?
* What types of users do you have?
* Who can access what types of information?
* Is some information for logged-in users only?
Sample "grid" of permissions for different types of users.
|Access Contact Form||X||X||X|
|Create calendar item||X|
|Edit own member profile||X||X|
|Edit all member profiles||X|
|Upload a photo||X||X|
* Who may edit the page content?
* What are the benefits of membership?
* Who can submit a link to your link list?
* Are there different tiers of membership payments for different benefits?
* What does the directory look like?
* What does a single user's profile page look like?
* Do you need to organize any submitted content into particular "categories" or can items by "free-tagged"?
The more planning time you put into this process of envisioning what you want the site to do, the easier it is when organizing your wishlist into a specifications list.
5) Next Steps
Decide who you want as your provider. To hire us, we review your proposal and give a fixed-fee estimate for the work.
At 10K Webdesign, we take pride in understanding of the needs of our clients: we help you make the most out of your website. We look forward to working with you.