- My Account
- About 10k
We are often asked about the efficacy and efficiency of the Drupal content...
For our membership directory clients, or those who are trade associations, dues...
We typically estimate a complex website (with lots of functionality) to be about 120-145 hours worth of labor and a basic website (with minimal functionality) to be about 40-50 hours of labor.
Our timeline is typically about 12 to 16 weeks.
Asking "How much is a website?" is kind of like asking, "how much is an automobile?" Factor in what you need, the tools available, your budget, and your timeline.
10K Webdesign is now offering a "pay-as-you-go" model. We build your website in phases [the "waterfall" method]. You may specify what you need based on priorities, with different functional elements coming online in a staged approach.
Our payment structure is typically in three parts: a deposit payment, a mid-way payment, and launch payment. We also offer monthly plans and equity-only arrangements.
1) Specify site map
2) Detailed list of functional specifications
3) Identify technical issues, if any
4) Identify maintenance point of contact and abilities
5) Start assembling pages for website launch, including source graphics, fonts, color palette, and stock photography
6) Unlimited additional page content may be added after launch
7) Identify FTP, domain name, and hosting information
8) Database information assembled
9) Sample homepage + secondary designs for the site (design concept graphics)
10) Initial version of website installed: comes with login/pass, basic functional modules
11) Additional modules as needed identified and installed
12) First round of content inputted, with one revision if needed
13) Contact form to e-mail of choice
14) Privacy page, legal page, auto-updated sitemap page
15) Additional custom forms developed and encoded
16) Back-end administrator tool checked
17) Customized views for content including user profiles, specific page displays, specific functional elements
18) QUARANTINE - no new functionality added at this point:
19) Input existing website content from site map into website
20) Overlay chosen graphic design and place into content layout
21) Check buttons, forms, photos, slideshows, and functionality
22) Beta test, Content revision (two rounds)
23) Sign up for a Google Analytics account and we install for tracking purposes
24) Sign up for a spam catcher for additional e-mail protection
25) Beta test, Content revision (two rounds)
26) Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari check
27) Sign off on website
28) Site documentation and online video demonstration, phone training
We offer maintenance packages and social networking packages to assist you in extending your website's reach and building your community of clients online.
Think you're ready to get started? Take our quiz and find out your website preparedness score: http://www.10kwebdesign.com/content/website-project-preparedness-score
Or, contact us for a proposal that matches your project needs and budget.